Terms & Conditions
All members of Financial Dispute Resolution service must adhere to the Rules of the Scheme found here.
In becoming a member of the Financial Dispute Resolution Scheme, you are agreeing to the Complaints Process, Scheme Members Fees (membership and complaints) together with our payment terms. These processes, fees or terms may change from time to time and you will be notified of changes. As part of your annual membership renewal you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.
If a complaint is made against a scheme member, Financial Dispute Resolution Service will initiate its complaints process. The stages are:
1. Enquiry and Early Resolution
2. Investigation, Facilitation and Resolution
3. Formal Adjudication.
More information can be found here.
Scheme member fees
Annual membership fees can be found here.
Complaint fees (payable by scheme members) can be found here.
Members will be sent an invoice for their annual membership fees which is payable on or before 01 July each year.
If no payment has been made by 01 July, an account overdue email will be sent to members highlighting the overdue amount, detailing the payment process and a final payment date.
If payment has not been received by the final payment date, Financial Dispute Resolution Service will issue a 10-day notice of termination.
Following the 10-day notice period, Financial Dispute Resolution Service will contact the FMA and request the member be removed from the FSPR as they have been terminated under clause 51 (b) of our scheme rules.
Feedback about FDRS
Financial Dispute Resolution Service is committed to fair and thorough complaint handling – including complaints about our own organisation.
You can find more information about our internal feedback and complaints process here.
Financial Dispute Resolution Service is owned and operated by FairWay Resolution. This website is intended to provide general information only. The company accepts no responsibility or liability for its material.
Please note that:
- The information is general and is not intended to address your specific circumstances. Please evaluate its accuracy, currency, completeness and relevance carefully for your purposes.
- The information provided does not replace or alter the laws of New Zealand and other official guidelines or requirements.
- The information is not professional or legal advice. For this you should seek specific advice relevant to your circumstances from a qualified professional.
- Any links to external sites, organisations or people are provided for your convenience only. FairWay Resolution is not responsible for the contents or maintenance of any linked websites, and the fact that we provide a link to an external site does not mean we endorse that site. FairWay Resolution does not accept any responsibility for the way you use this information or the consequences of that use.
- Any views expressed in the information on this site are those of the author. FairWay Resolution does not necessarily endorse the views of any particular author or authenticate the accuracy of the information. How you use the information is your sole responsibility.
- FairWay Resolution does not accept any responsibility or liability for any action taken as a result of reading, or reliance placed on FairWay Resolution as a result of having read any part, or all, of the information in this website. We also do not accept responsibility or liability for any error, inadequacy, deficiency, flaw in or omission from the information in this site.
- If you have concerns about the information on this website, contact FairWay Resolution directly.
If you send an email to FairWay or download this site, FairWay does not accept any liability for information that may be lost, corrupted, intercepted or misdirected because your computer had to connect to the Internet.
Any visitor who ignores this disclaimer does so at their own risk.
Except where stated, the content on this site is the copyright of FairWay Resolution. It may be reproduced for personal or in-house use without formal permission or charge, with acknowledgement of FairWay's copyright. For permission to use the information on this website for any other purpose, please contact us.
This website provides links to other sites. Permission to use copyrighted materials from other sites must be obtained from the copyright owner.